Thursday, January 26, 2017
1/25/17 Ted Talks Discussion
I really enjoyed this Ted Talk and think that most of us can relate to it in one way or another. Especially in our day and age where social media is basically the center of our lives. It's so easy to compare and judge. It's so easy to wish our lives away as we spend hours scrolling the blogs and instagrams of what it looks like to be the "perfect life." It's easy to feel shame, and feel worthless. But that is where we're so wrong and that is when we need to change our mind set. I really loved this quote from Brene Brown, "Vulnerability is the birth place of innovation, creativity, and change." I full heartedly believe in this. I believe that progression is created though hard work and determination. And to reach the level of success you acquire, you sometimes have to put your self in vulnerable situations. Knowing that you might fail or mess up, but understanding that it's all part of the journey to get where you want to be. To be able to progress and move forward, you have to accept where you are. Having shame, pity, and a negative attitude towards ourselves is what's holding us back. You have to let those thoughts go, accept where you are, and move forward. From experience, I know this is hard, but I also know that if we trust in ourselves, the dots will connect down the road.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great post! I love the line "You have to let those thoughts go, accept where you are, and move forward." There is a lot of good advice in this post but that line stuck out to me. It kinda of reminds me that if you're not moving forward you're moving backward. Sometimes you just have to forget the failures and look forward to success.
ReplyDelete