Monday, January 30, 2017

1/23/17 Death Sentences

The death sentence I would like to write about is people saying "I want to die" or "I want to kill myself." I see so many people saying this so naturally in conversation or on social media with out  even thinking twice about how serious this sentence actually is. For example, some tweets I saw recently are,
"I just rolled a 4 wheeler down the side of a mountain and I didn't die. Talk about disappointment:/"
"Drivers! please be courteous to student pedestrians and hit us going full speed please"
Whether these people are being serious or not, what they are talking about is a major problem around the world. And while some people take it as a joke and laugh about it, others could be seriously considering it. Every year I was in high school their was a suicide, and attempts of suicides. Being at school after a tragedy like this happened was an experience I can't explain. The halls were filled with tears and the feeling was heartbreaking. I remember wishing so badly that their was something I could do to help people find joy in life and realize their worth and purpose here. Joking around about suicide is not something that will help that. It only brings negative feelings. I love when I see positive or uplifting quotes on social media, we need more of that going around instead of negativity. Suicide and depression are real things that people experience. Being negative and saying things about dying is not funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment