Monday, January 30, 2017
1/18/17 Betsy DeVos Hearing
Their were things in this article that I agreed and disagreed with. First of all I agreed with the statement to "Limit the role of government in Americas schools and trust that the free market - and parent choice - will lead to innovation and improvement." As it states, this shows trust. It is important to know that every school and community is different and that if we trust the communities to do the best they can to wisely and appropriately make things work for them, then we will be successful. But, I felt as though Devos isn't quite the right pick. She has very little experience with public education. In an article called "What makes Betsy DeVos such an unusual Nominee For Education Secretary," it shows that in one way or another most of the previous candidates have had much more experience in public education than she has. In the hearing she also didn't provide us with a lot of knowledge. I felt as though she did know what she was talking about or was trying to cut around the edges a lot.This to many people can be very frustrating. We want someone we can trust, and because of her lack of knowledge, and experience, it is hard for me to believe that this is someone we can have full confidence in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment