After interviewing and talking with
a friend who has been through an experience where it was hard to figure out
what was wrong with her stomach after much pain and aches for many years, I am
able to understand more fully how important it is to be aware of what we are
eating every day. I asked Mairin to share with me how she felt before she
didn’t care about her diet, and how she feels now that she does. Her response
is as followed, “ When I ate whatever I wanted I never felt good. I couldn’t go
to parties, and sometimes even school. I just accepted the fact that when I ate
food my stomach would hurt. I didn’t think it was what I was eating until I
heard about gluten. After many tests at the doctor’s office, we found that I
was celiac. It is still hard to watch what I am eating 24/7, but I am much more
grateful for the knowledge that I now have of what is good for me to eat and
what isn’t.” I understand that not all of us have stomach problems or are
celiac, but this example shows how important it is to watch what we are eating,
and educate ourselves as much as we can to be healthy.
No comments:
Post a Comment