Wednesday, February 22, 2017

2/8/17

Watching this video really made me think. Because something he mentioned is that people rely on their cellphones and social media to make them happy and feel good about themselves. He said that a study is found that people who spend more time on Facebook than people who don't, have higher rates of depression. People tend to hide behind these profiles and pretend to have these "perfect lives." When in reality they are depressed, and don't have real, personal, and healthy relationships with human beings. I find myself spending way to much time on my cellphone than I need to. It's so easy to just turn on your phone and spend hours on it. But at the end of the day I usually only feel bad about myself because I don't have that "perfect instagram life." Something he said that I like is to balance it. Cellphones and social media overall aren't bad, if you balance it and only use it occasionally instead of consuming your life with it, than that's ok. It's scary how much it can affect us and it makes me want to stop using my phone as much as I do. Because I have noticed that when I don't have my phone with me, I am able to enjoy the world and enjoy the little things that happen around me because I don't have that distraction constantly pulling me in. Ultimately, cellphones and social media provide us with many good things. It's just all about moderation and balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment